Monterey Bay Economic Partnership’s 7th Annual Regional Economic Summit on Thursday, May 6th at 9:30am.
Please join us for Monterey Bay Economic Partnership’s (MBEP’s) 7th Annual Regional Economic Summit. This virtual event will take place on Thursday, May 6th from 9:30am to 12:00 noon.
Topics will include:
• How our Region is doing economically
• Opportunities ahead to reimagine our region while taking advantage of Relief and Stimulus Funds
We’ll hear about innovative ways to help our workers upskill and reskill. Dee Dee Myers, Senior Advisor to Governor Gavin Newsom and Director of the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz), will join us to share the following information:
• what the State is doing to keep Companies in California,
• Insights into the current legislative session and the implications for our region from these policies, and
• how the budget surplus is being used to provide relief to businesses affected by the pandemic.
Other Guest Speakers include:
• Derek Hansen: Co-Founder & CEO, Mynt Systems
• Dr. Fernando Lozano: Professor of Economics, Pomona College -- Chair, Department of Economics
• Jessica Morse: Deputy Secretary, Forest Resources Management, California Natural Resources Agency
• Dr. Tiffany Wise-West: Sustainability and Climate Action Manager, City of Santa Cruz
More information is available at: https://mbep.biz/events/7th-annual-regional-economic-summit/
For registration please visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/7th-annual-regional-economic-summit-tickets-148959089647