10/27/2019 7PM: Restoration of power is expected to begin Monday. PG&E announced Sunday that another round of power shutoffs may occur Tuesday and Wednesday due to another wind event in the Santa Cruz Mountains. This round of power shutoffs could potentially affect customers in Santa Cruz County.
10/27/2019 12PM: About 56,000 customers across the Monterey Bay area are without power.
According to PG&E, phased rollouts of the Public Safety Power Shutoff began after 8pm Saturday night on Central Coast.
In Santa Cruz County, about 45,000 PG&E customers are impacted. The affected communities include Aptos, Ben Lomond, Boulder Creek, Brookdale, Capitola, Corralitos, Davenport, Felton, Freedom, La Selva Beach, Mount Hermon, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, Soquel and Watsonville.
PG&E has opened several community resource centers. These centers have charging devices, water and snacks.
1. Siltanen Park next to Vine Hill Elementary, 141 Vine Hill School Rd, Scotts Valley
2. Costco, 220 Sylvania St, Santa Cruz
3. Twin Lakes Church, 2701 Cabrillo College Dr, Aptos
Bonny Doon Union Elementary School District will be closed Monday due to the anticipated outage.
In Monterey County, about 10,000 people are impacted. The affected communities include Aromas, Greenfield, Gonzales, Salinas and Soledad. Two community resource centers are open:
1. San Juan Community Hall, 10 San Jose St, San Juan Bautista
2. Greenfield Community Center, 1351 Oak Ave, Greenfield, CA 93927 (Pending)
3. South County YMCA, 560 Walker Dr, Soledad, CA (City Managed)
4. Gonzales Fire House, 325 Center St, Gonzales, CA (City Managed)
Hartnell College has cancelled its Monday classes in Soledad and Gonzales due to the outage.
In San Benito County, about 1,400 customers are impacted in Hollister, Paicines and San Juan Bautista. A community resource center is open at Mission San Juan Bautista, 406 2nd St, San Juan Bautista.
According to PG&E, power restoration will begin once the weather subsides around midday Monday. Restoration could take up to 48 hours.
This is a developing story.