Now more than ever, we need to reduce the amount of single-use plastics that we use and discard!
DO YOUR PART AND RE-CART!
You can do your part to reduce the effects of plastic pollution by the following:
• Re-carting your groceries and refusing single-use bags.
• Bagging or boxing your goods at your car.
• Refusing the bag and re-carting the next time you shop.
It’s an easy way to reduce single-use bags!
CARE FOR THE EARTH -- SUSTAINABLE PACIFIC GROVE’S EDUCATIONAL VIDEO!
In addition, Sustainable Pacific Grove has created a campaign in an effort to reduce the increasing plastic pollution caused by COVID-19 including the creation of an excellent educational video. This excellent presentation not only highlights the problems we face due to this pollution, but also demonstrates that having your groceries placed back into your cart, taking them to your car or bicycle and repacking them into your own reusable bags is a vital alternative to plastic or paper grocery bags.
Please share this educational video from Sustainable Pacific Grove and the Communities for Sustainable Monterey County!
To view this video along with current information and the exceptional programs provided by this essential organization, please visit: http://www.sustainablemontereycounty.org/
COMMUNITIES FOR SUSTAINABLE MONTEREY -- A TRANSITION INITIATIVE
• We are a group of concerned local citizens working locally to meet the challenges of declining resources and climate change by helping our Communities transition to sustainable practices.
• CSMC’s goals are to enable communities to meet new challenges and new opportunities, to decrease use of fossil fuels and other non-renewable resources, and to protect our environment.
• CSMC’s community-based groups provide environmental education and encourage conservation and stewardship of land, water, and energy. We promote waste reduction, ‘green’ building ordinances, renewal energy, public transportation, community gardens, and more.
• We engage and educate individuals, businesses, and policymakers to create the changes needed to safeguard the long-term health of our environment and the resources needed to sustain current and future generations.